PhD, South Australian School of Art, UniSA, Adelaide
Master of Fine Art (Research), Victorian College of the Arts, Melbourne
Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours), Victorian College of the Arts, Melbourne
- The Ceaseless Tide, Adelaide Central School of Art Gallery
- Seychelles Biennial in Lockdown, online exhibition and publication
- Pamplemousses Garden, FELTspace ARI, Adelaide
- ACE x KBF Pepper House Residency, Fort Kochi, India
- Conflict Zones, Partage residency exhibition, Institute de Francais, Mauritius.
- The Scene is the Seen, Holy Rollers Studios, Adelaide.
- Unmoored Memories, Sauerbier House, South Australia.
- Heysen Prize (finalist), Hahndorf Academy, SA
- Word, Hugo Michell Gallery, SA.
- Wild, Hawkesbury Regional Gallery, NSW
- Spurious Natures, solo show at Hugo Michell Gallery.
- Under the Spirit Light, Gallery Flaneur, Adelaide.
- Bridge, group show, Harts Mill, Port Adelaide
- Feltspace auction show.
- This Wild Song group show at Gallery Smith.
- Grain, Harts Mill, Port Adelaide
- The End and What Came After, Adelaide Town Hall.
- Sue Kneebone, Art Gallery of South Australia
- Border Crossings, Galway Contemporary Art Centre, Galway Festival of Arts
- Silent Nature, Jam Factory exhibition at Sepptlesfield.
- Illusions of History, group exhibition, Hugo Michell Gallery, Adelaide
- Border Crossings, SASA Gallery, University of South Australia, curator Mary Knights
- Penumbral Tales, Flinders University City Gallery, Adelaide.
- Spell Dust and Moral Ruins, for CACSA Contemporary 2015, ACSA Gallery
- Ghostly Natures, Adelaide Town Hall.
- Deadpan, Fontanelle ARI, Adelaide
- Melbourne Art Fair, CACSA project space.
- 135th Meridian East, Australian Experimental Art Foundation, Adelaide
- The Archaelogy of Descent, Marshall Arts, Adelaide.
- Testing Ground, Flinders University Art Museum, Adelaide, curated by Julie Gough
- Dark Manners, CACSA, Adelaide (solo)
- The Mineral Kingdom, South Australian Museum (solo)
- Testing Ground, Long Gallery, Salamanca Arts Centre, Hobart, curated by Julie Gough
- Eagle Lane, Public Art light box commission, Brisbane, Qld.
- CACSA Contemporary: New SA Art, North Terrace
- Shimmer Photography Festival, City of Onkaparinga
- Echoes of Others, Human Rights Arts & Film Festival, Melbourne
- Forces of Nature, Australian Embassy, Washington, US
- Heysen Sculpture Biennial, The Cedars, Hahndorf
- ArtRoom 5
- SALA Festival, Art Gallery of South Australia
- Anachronism Gardenism, Centennial Park, Sydney
- Materials and Histories, ArtRoom5, Adelaide
- Aura: The Haunted Image, Level 17 Artspace, Victoria University, Melbourne
- New New, CACSA Contemporary, North Tce, Adelaide.
- Naturally Disturbed, SASA Gallery, University of South Australia (solo)
- Border Crossings, Human Rights Visual Art and Film Festival, Format Collective Gallery, SA.
- Art West Festival, Adelaide, SA
- Adaptation, satellite exhibition, Murray Darling Palimpsest, Palmer, SA.
- Angelfire, Felt Art Space, Adelaide, SA (solo)
- Hideout, Seedling Art Space, (solo)
- Terra Spiritalis, Murray Bridge Art Gallery, SA
- Palmer Sculpture Biennial, Palmer, SA
- Williamstown Festival Contemporary Art Prize, Melbourne
- City of Hobart Art Prize, Hobart
- 2×20 Parslow Street Studios, Counihan Gallery, Melbourne
- My Reality, Cube 37, Frankston Arts Centre, Victoria
- World Year of Physics Art Prize, Macquarie University Art Gallery, NSW.
- Re>Growth, temporal public art works, Redlands Art Gallery, Qld.
- Smorgon Steel Contemporary Art Prize, Customs Wharf Gallery, Williamstown, Vic.
- Undercurrent, site specific environmental art installations on Yarra River, Warrandyte, Vic.
- Toorak Village Sculpture Festival. Toorak, Melbourne, Vic
- Strand Ephemera, Perc Tucker Regional Gallery, Townsville, Qld
- Broken Hill Outback art prize exhibition, Broken Hill Regional Gallery, NSW
- Toorak Village Sculpture Festival. Toorak, Melbourne, Vic
- Stony Creek Environmental Art Event. Maribyrnong, Vic
- Hearing Place, curated by Ros Bandt. Yarra Sculpture Space, Melbourne,
- Passage: CSA St. Kilda Botanical Gardens, Melbourne.
- Artscapes: Sustainable Living Festival. Federation Square, Melbourne.
- Environmental Acts: Maroondah Art Gallery.
- Race to Create: Nillumbik Ephemeral Art Prize, Vic.
- CSA @ St Kilda Botanical Gardens, Melbourne.
- A Melbourne Summer, Urban Art Bus Shelter, Flinders St., Melbourne
- The Floating Land: International Site Specific Art Laboratory, Noosa, Qld.
- The Lie of the Land, Gabriel Gallery, Footscray Community Arts Centre
- Stockpile, Linden Contemporary Art Gallery, St Kilda (solo)
- The Keith & Elisabeth Murdoch Travelling Fellowship Exhibition, VCA
- Recent Graduates, Emerging Artists, Arts Victoria, Melbourne.
- Mildura Palimpsest, #4, Mildura, Victoria. Large outdoor installation on landscape.
- ANZ Fellowship Art Award Exhibition, ANZ Collins St, Melbourne.
- Parlourama, Latrobe Street Gallery, Melbourne
- Journey into Eccentricity, Montsalvat, Melbourne.
- Hermanns Art Award, Mornington & Span Galleries, Victoria
Awards and Scholarships
- Arts SA, Independent Makers Grant, 2013 and 2015
- Qantas Foundation Contemporary Art Travel Award, SA recipient , 2011
- Australia Council Grant for New Work (established), 2011
- Joyner Postgraduate Research Scholarship, University of SA, 2007 to 2010
- SASA Postgraduate Research Travelling Scholarship, 2007
- 2004, Smorgon Steel Contemporary Art Prize Exhibition. Highly Commended award
- 2002, Nillumbik Ephemeral Art Prize, First Prize.
- 1999, Friends of the VCA Grant
- 1994 & 1995 Harry Curtis Prize (Victorian College of the Arts)
- 1995, Walker Ceramic Award, First Prize (National Graduate Award)
Residencies and Travel
- 2014 -2016 Travel to Ireland to research heritage and post-famine disaspora for Border Crossings exhibition with support from Arts SA and Australia Council funds.
- 2011-2013 International travel for research to UK, Scotland, Arizona, Los Angeles & New York with support of grants from Qantas Foundation Award and Australia Council.
- Clay Alchemy: Cultural Exchange to Thailand, 2006 with support of Thai Australia Foundation.
- Bundanon Residency, NSW, 2002
- Floating Land Project, International Site Specific Art Lab, Noosa, Qld, 2001
Conference & Symposium Presentations
- FRAN Fest, Art Gallery of SA, 2017.
- Critical Heritage Conference, ANU, Canberra, 2014
- Conciliation Narratives in Settler Societies, National Museum of Australia, 2010
- Double Visions: Biennial Australian Studies Conference. Sydney University, 2010
- AAANZ, Tradition and Change: Adelaide University, 2010
- Twisting Mirrors: Post-graduate research symposium with Professor Michael Taussig, University of South Australia, 2010
- Poetics Ecologies: Nature as Text and Text as Nature, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, 2008
- Higher Degree by Research Forum, Division of Education, Arts and Social Sciences, UniSA, 2008
- Verge, Panel Presentation “‘process vs product’ making work in response to the environment.” National Ceramics Conference, 14-17 May, Brisbane, 2006
Media reviews & catalogue essays.
- Silent Nature, Lara Merrington, Jam Factory catalogue essay, 2016.
- Art Guide, Jane Llewellyn, June, 2016.
- Testing Ground. Amy Jacket, Artlink (reviews), 2013, V33,2. P 132.
- A Knack for Mining, Lisa Slade, The Adelaide Review, April 2013, p 32.
- Encounter with the New, New New. Wendy Walker in chameleon from the ashes. CACSA@70, 2012. P71-86.
- Critics Choice, Lisa Slade, Australian Art Collector, June, 2012, pp 150-3
- Naturally Disturbed, Annika Evans, Eyeline (reviews), 72, 2010.
- A Cautionary Tale, Stephanie Radok, Adelaide Review, April 2010
- Yardea; A Frontier, Philip Jones, SASA catalogue essay, 2010
- Re>Growth..Imag.in.ing Nature, Jessica Campbell, localART, #17, Dec 2004.
- Up,Paul Magee, catalogue essay for Environmental Acts, Maroondah art Gallery, 2004
- From Earth to Art and back to Earth, Jan O’Neill, Art Streams, May/June 2003, p11/12.
- Stony Creek Environmental Art Project, Penny Algar, CSA News, May 2003
- Hearing Place, Joel Crotty, The Age, Melbourne, March, 2003.
- Living the Lie of the Land, Juliet Peers, Artlink, V22#2, 2002,p63.,
- Lie of the Land, exhibition catalogue, Footscray Community Arts Centre, 2001.
- Back To Basics, Tempe MacGowan, Art Monthly, March, 2002, p30.
- Lightness Captivates Unwary Park Visitor, Victoria Hobday, CSA News, 6/3/02.
- Horns of Dilemma, Yarra Leader, 4/2/02
- Arts Accordian, Arts Victoria, 2001.
- Artistic Look at Land and Identity, Melissa Iaria, The Mail, Oct. 2001
- Mildura Palimpsest #4. Artlink, V21 #2, 2001.
- Recent Graduates, Emerging Artists. Arts View, Arts Victoria, Vol 2 #2, 2001.
- Provocative Parlour Game, Penny Webb, The Age, December, 2000.
Authored texts and presentations
- Buring pipe Collection: A Feminist Guide to Pipe Smoking for FRAN Festival, SA.
- Memory State, catalogue essay for Tamara Baillie’s exhibition The Driest State at CACSA Project Space, 2016.
- Dark Manners, craft + design enquiry: issue 7, 2015
- ‘Reimagining the Pastoral Frontier’, chapter in Kate Darian Smith and Penelope Edmonds (eds) Conciliation on Colonial Frontiers: Conflict, Performance, and Commemoration in Australia and the Pacific Rim. Melbourne University, Routledge, NY, 2015
- Cover credit, Islands and Archipelagos, Southerly Journal, V72, 3, UNSW, Sydney
- Drawn in, Sue Kneebone, Seedling Artspace catalogue essay, July 2012
- Inland Memories, Sue Kneebone, SASA catalogue essay for Naturally Disturbed, 2010. UniSA.
- Mapping Identity. Sue Kneebone, exhibition review in Craft, Vol 29, #238, 1999. Craft Victoria.
- Japanese Contemporary Ceramics: The Japan Foundation Travelling Exhibition. Sue Kneebone, VCG Newsletter, 261, 1997
- Marea Gazzard: Annual Craft Victoria Lecture. Sue Kneebone, VCG Newsletter, 261, 1997